I feel like the term “monthly recap” is pretty self-explanatory, but just in case here’s my spiel! I’ll be recapping what I’ve read for the month and what reviews I’ve written, along with what I’m planning to read for next month. What’s been happening in my personal life may also be making an appearance from time to time!
What I’ve Read This Month:
- The Scroll of Years by Chris Willrich
- Visions by Kelley Armstrong
- Disappearing Moon Cafe by SKY Lee (school)
- Rebels, Reds, Radicals: Rethinking Canada’s Left History by Ian McKay (school)
- Lock In by John Scalzi
- The Castle of Perseverance by Unknown Author (school)
- Black Dog by Caitlin Kittredge
- Locke & Key Vol. 1 by Joe Hill, illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez
- The Night Wanderer by Drew Hayden Taylor (school)
As you can see I’ve actually had a pretty good reading month! Unfortunately it’s mostly been books for school…womp, womp. School has been majorly kicking my ass this semester. Not that surprising given that this is the last year of my undergrad, but it’s even more intense because I’m also applying to grad schools this month. I’m applying for my Masters of Library and Information Science so that I can be a librarian. Haven’t you heard? Libraries are the best!
Unfortunately I am is stressed out of my damn mind right now. To alleviate the stress, next month will be a reading month comprised of fun books – no grimdark for this girl! At least not in October. Here’s what I’ve got lined up as potential candidates:
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (currently reading)
- Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire (currently listening)
- Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
- Fire by Kristin Cashore
What do you think? Are these good choices for my “only fun books that won’t destroy my soul” mandate? Sound off below!